Fri, 12 August 2005
17.6mb, 60:29 mm:ss. 40 kbps bitrate, 44.1Hz sample rate, mono channel.
Questions or comments email@example.com or call the voicemail line (NEW!) at 1-206-965-8185, or Skype to Skype - search for the "CoffeeGeek" username.
Take your pick on how to listen:
RSS Feed link for subscribing, or
CG Podcast 014 MP3 File for straight downloading.
Apple iTunes direct link.
Intro, song by Small Fish, called "Coffee Shop" from the Podsafe Music Network.
- Joe explains how Co2 transports oils, lipids and aromatics in ground coffee to your cup.
- Jason writes in about the OneSixtyBlue restaurant in Chicago doing coffee right.
- Mark explains why Intelligentsia Coffee Roasters is CoffeeGeek's official coffee supplier.
- Jason also asks about if its okay to freeze coffee, because George Howell said so. George only talked about freezing green coffee.
- Ottawa listener writes in about Le Cordon Bleu in Ottawa also doing good coffee.
- Donald writes in about vac pots. Mark tells a bit, and promises an entire podcast on vacpots.
- Liam from Belfast writes in about espresso being a "whole life experience"; Mark talks about God shots and the ever moving bar of quality.
- Drew writes in asking about refurb machines and the Capresso C3000.
- Email about Starbucks and super autos.
- Audio mail about finding a good tamper for a Krups combo machine. Mark talks about the Staub Tamp
- Audio Kudos, Mark talks about the role of the podcast
Mini Round Table with Instaurator.
- you'll have to tune in to find out what was talked about. It's good stuff! And more to come from Instaurator!
Wrap up, don't forget to vote for us at Podcast Alley!