Sun, 19 March 2006
Questions or comments firstname.lastname@example.org or call the voicemail line at 1-206-965-8185, or Skype to Skype - search for the "CoffeeGeek" username.
Take your pick on how to listen:
RSS Feed link for subscribing, or
CG Podcast 034 MP3 File for straight downloading.
Apple iTunes (updated!) direct link.
Intro – Vancouver Coffee Scene Roundtable (1:31)
- Michael, Mark’s neighbor and coffee enthusiast, (email him if you have an opening for a barista)
- jakethecoffeelover, CGer and author of http://coffeaarabica.blogspot.com
- Sean Strugnell aka strugs – CGer
- Matt, barista at Elysian Room, 5th and Burrard, Vancouver
- Peter, barista at Wicked Café, 7th and Hemlock, Vancouver, and author of pullingshots.blogspot.com
Review of Aerobie Aeropress (2:57)
- Metal filter vs nylon filter vs paper filter (4:00)
- The engadget pvc do-it-yourself, the Depresso, and experimentation (5:36)
- Comparison with the Clover (8:42)
Review of the Clover (10:17)
- Discovery Coffee: newest Clover in Canada (10:30)
- The Clover’s effect on body and adjusting the Clover for optimal brew (11:00)
- Use of the Clover in the café (18:08)
Back to the Aerobie: Future experimentation, blind cupping, and bloom (19:50)
Review of the Vibiemme Domobar (21:43)
- HX machine with E61 group and 2 liter boiler
- Fast steaming machine, very stable
Home Machines (24:57)
- Sean’s Wega Lyra; Peter’s Krups Novo; Michael and Jake’s Gaggia Espressos
Fave Coffeehouses and the Café Scene (32:45)
- The group’s favorites include Prado, JJBean, Continental, Elysian Room, Wicked Café, Victrola, 2% jazz
- Thoughts on Chris Tacy leaving the coffee scene
- Funny stories about Jake
- A few comments about portafilter.net podcast .