Sat, 9 September 2006
Questions or comments email@example.com or call the voicemail line at 1-206-965-8185, or Skype to Skype - search for the CoffeeGeek username.
Take your pick on how to listen:
RSS Feed link for subscribing, or
CG Podcast 045 MP3 File for straight downloading.
Apple iTunes direct link.
Black Gold, Superautos and More with Mark and Beata
This episode brought to you by 1stincoffee.com, your one-stop shop for anything and everything espresso or coffee related!
Intro - Tom’s Diner by Suzanne Vega (0:11)
New coffees we’ve tried lately
- West Coast Roasting’s Espresso Torro (4:04)
- Intelligentsia’s Kid O is back! (7:21)
- Ecco Caffè’s Bolivian 2005 Cup of Excellence and Daterra Espresso (7:57)
- Novo Coffee’s wild forest coffees (9:53)
Black Gold – Mark and Beata’s review (11:07)
- Starbucks’ portrayal in the movie (12:27)
- The rise in the New York “C? price (14:04)
- Tadesse Meskela of the Oromia Coffee Farmers’ Coop and building schools in Ethiopia (16:53)
- A few criticisms (19:18)
New espresso machine news!
- La Marzocco GS3 – delivery dates have gone out (23:04)
- Krups’ new superauto coming out this fall (26:34)
Contest results! (37:18)
- Haiku contest winner: Jeremey Barrett of Sugar Land, Texas (37:43)
- Zoka DVD contest winner: Travis from Bellingham, Washington (email us by 9/12!) (39:31)
News about CoffeeGeek (40:16)
- A fix to the forum search functionality is in the works (40:22)
- The Marketplace, a place for advertisers to announce their latest products, is coming (41:19)
- The annual Holiday Gift List is returning (hopefully) in mid-November (43:05)
Mark’s latest magazine articles
- City Food, Restaurant coffee and Mark’s challenge (45:15)
- Imbibe Magazine, Espresso 101 (51:43)
Wrap up (53:53)
- Next podcast: the Imbibe Magazine episode
Outro – Tom’s? by Michael Stipe