Sat, 25 November 2006
A big update about the CoffeeGeek Holiday Gift List and Fund Raiser, including
- closing auctions
- encouraging direct donations
- sneak peak at upcoming auctions
- sneak peak at a major auction - a fully-expenses paid trip to origin!
- Brad Ford joins us to discuss some amazing coffees from Terroir Coffee and the HGL.
Detailed show Notes coming soon. Donate today!
Sat, 18 November 2006
Questions or comments firstname.lastname@example.org or call the voicemail line at 1-206-965-8185, or Skype to Skype - search for the CoffeeGeek username.
Take your pick on how to listen:
RSS Feed link for subscribing, or
CG Podcast 047 MP3 File for straight downloading.
Apple iTunes direct link.
2006 Holiday Gift List and Fundraiser for CoffeeKids Preview
- Un Jour Comme Un Autre - Brigitte Bardot, Putamayo Presents French Cafe
Shout Outs... (2:55)
- to Colter Jones, Cafe Artigiano, the 2006 Canadian Barista Champion!
- and to Billy Wilson, Albina Press, the 2006 Northwest Regional Barista Champion!
Latest Project #1 - Tamper (4:44)
- Part 2 and Part 3 of Tamping Science, Theory and Practice
- Working with Reg Barber on developing a new tamper
Latest Project #2- Editor's Picks (6:19)
- Espresso edition: best espresso machines, best tamper, best espresso blend, best grinder...
- Coffee edition: drip machines, grinders, alternative brewing methods, best coffees
Latest Happening in Vancouver - Ugly Water! (9:38)
- Heavy rains have caused the local water supply to become turbid
- No water, no coffee: some local coffee shops have stopped serving as a result
The Important Stuff - the CG 5th Annual Holiday Gift List and Fundraiser (16:23)
- Launching 11/20/2006! (this link will be live by 12pm PST, November 20).
- This year's list includes over 125 products that any CoffeeGeek would love!!
- Create your own wish list, rate items according to your "want" factor, and email to friends and family!!!
- CoffeeKids fundraising: this year's Holiday Gift List primary sponsor is Krups, who has generously agreed to give half of their sponsorship fee directly to CoffeeKids (20:38)
- A preview of other products included on the HGL (23:08)
- Dollar-for-dollar matching campaign: donate through the CG site and sponsors will match your donation! Matching sponsors include Intelligentsia Coffee, Counter Culture Coffee, Chris Coffee Service, Kitchen Universe, 49th Parallel Coffee Roasters, and Baratza (27:31)
- The 3rd Annual Silent Auction: will include a vast range of amazing, unique, super cool coffee-related items and events (eg, A Day with a Roaster) worth over $8,000. Bid often, bid high! (31:51)
A podcast a week! (38:41)
- Mark promised! Well, at least through the holidays! He'll try!
- Reprise: Un Jour Comme Un Autre - Brigitte Bardot, Putamayo Presents French Cafe